Posted on: May 19, 2010 1:27 pm
Alright, after a few requests to bring back the riddles I figured I do a quick, little 10 question quiz to make sure that you are all still on your toes...
Like always, do your answers in a reply on the bottom, and no peaking at the answers other people put because that would make you a Bill "I missed interpretted the rules" Belichick,...
So these ones are pretty simple little buggers but it's good for passing a few minutes!
So without further adieu, the return of Riddle me this se7en:
1) Some Months have 31 days, some months have just 30. How many months have 28 days?
2) You are running in a race but your in the middle of the pack and the finish line is getting near. You start running as hard as you can and you ovvertake third place just as you cross the finish line! What place did you get!?
3) How many species of each animal did moses take on his ark?
4) You wake up in the middle of the night & you see on your digital clock that it's 2:00. Exactly three & a quarter hours later your cat wakes you up when it knocks your alarm clock on the ground. Luckily even tho the clock is on the ground & upside down now you can still see the reflection of the time in the mirror in the corner. So seeing as it's three & a quarter hours later then it was at 2:00, you should see 51:50 in the reflection in the mirror. Is this correct?
5) Take 3 apples from 10. How many do you have?
6) Sam's parents have 5 kids. The parents thought they'd be clever and name their kids Bab, Beb, Bib, Bob, & _________. What was the 5th kids name?
7) Solve this math question in your head! NO CALCULATORS or PEN & PAPER! Take 1000 & add 40, Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000, now add 20. Now add 1000 more. Lastly add 10. What is the total?
8) (I don't really like these little ones) But a farmer has 10 cows but after a fierce winter storm all but 6 of the cows die... The farmer is devasted by the loss but he's happy that he still has some cows left.. How many cows does he still have?
9) Here's another race question... So there's a race you're running & running but can't catch up. You run the hardest you've ever run before and just before the finish line you pass the guy in last place! What place did you end up in!?
a) Last b) second to last c) 3rd to last d) 4th to last e) none of the above
10) Last but not least: A wealthy women comes home form a day with friends on a Sunday evening and finds her husband lying dead on the bedroom floor & she can tell he's been murdered! She runs to the phone & calls the police! When the police arrive they start looking around the house for clues and after some deduction they determine that the murder happened at exactly 12 noon.. So they start questioning everyone at the house about their where-abouts at the time of the murder. There's the wife, the maid, the butler, the personal trainer & the cook....
The police start by questioning the wife... The Wife says, "I said goodbye to my husband this morning at 10am, he said he was going to stay at the house all day so I kissed him and went out with my friends, and I just got home a hour ago around 7 o'clock!"
Then the ask the maid where she was at noon. She replies, "it wasn't me! I was downstairs in the living room dusting the furniture!"
They proceed to ask the Butler the same question.. He replies " It wasn't me! I wasn't even in the house, I was outside getting the mail like I do every day at noon!"
They continue on to the persoanl trainer, he replies, "I couldn't have killed him! I was in the gym working out!"
lastly they ask the cook, he replies, "It wasn't me! that's Impossible! I was in the kitchen preparing lunch!"
An officer looks over all the suspects, pulls out his handcuffs and says, "you're under arrest for murder" as he handcuffs the culprit...
Who was the murderer!?
Hope you enjoyed it...
Posted on: January 21, 2008 3:05 pm
So maybe it's just me but I got a wicked case of the Mondays, and even worse, there's no one here to kick my ass for say'n that... I had a rough night last night that really messed me up today, let's just say I'm really looking forward to going home, and I'm really hoping it rains today...
Well, even though I'm really not in the mood for this to be riddles today, I did promise. So today riddles, tomorrow will be a completly diiferent random topic that I won't choose until tomorrow. So here is the astonishing conclusion to "riddle me this"... called "riddle me that" 7 more to hopefully make your work day not suck so much... Just like last time, I will post the answers on a thread / poll after lunch sometime to see how you guys did. But feel free to answer in the comments too, they were fun to read...
So last time you guys got the just of it... think outside the box. here it goes...
1) An old, old lady was driving down a rural road in a beat up old Lincoln, this car was so beat up that the headlights didn't even work in it. There was no street lights on this road, there was no moon or stars in the sky. This old lady was already having trouble driving this big boat of a car when all of a sudden a black dog ran into the road. The old women slams on the brakes and avoids the dog. how was she able to see it?
2) Every moning a man wakes up in his 10th floor apartment. After he gets dressed and eats breakfast he takes the elevator down to the lobby and he heads to work. When he gets home from work he goes back to the elevator to go home, the only strange thing is, that unless it's raining, or somone else is riding the elevator with him, he gets off on the 7th floor and takes the stairs the rest of the way to his apartment. Why would he do this?
3) Once a long time ago, an old Arab Shiek tells his 2 sons that one of them will inherit his fortune. The shiek tells his 2 sons that they each are to take their camel to a distant city. The interesting part is, that the Shiek tells his sons that the one with the slower camel will win. The two sons, head out for the distant city puposley wondering the desert trying to be the slower of the 2. After weeks of this, an old wise man that the boys keep passing asks the boys what they are doing. The boys explain the situation to the old wise man. The old wise man replys with one brief sentance of advice. The boys look at eachother, jump on the camels and race to the distant city as fast as they possibly can. What advice did the old wise man give the 2 sons?
4) Here's a stupid little one... A 16 year old girl was so excited because she had just gotten her drivers license. She wanted to go out and celebrate, so she called her friends and told them that she would meet them at a liitle resturant that they liked to hang out at. This resturant was on a one -way street. The girl was going the wrong way down this one-way street to get to the resturant just as a cop was coming the right way down the street. The cop looked right at her. Not only did the girl not get in trouble, but she even waved to the cop. (she didn't know the cop) How was she able to this without getting in trouble?
Ok honestly, I'm pretty hungry and this is taking a while since I have to get some work done too, so the next ones are short & sweet. I'll do ones with more substance at a later date when I'm not dreading every f'n second I'm stuck in this stupid office.... Can you tell I'm not in the mood to be working?
5) Ok so what occurs once in every minute, yet occurs twice in every moment but yet somehow doesn't occur a single time in a thousand years? (hint, thisone just pisses you off when you find out the answer because it's so simple yet so difficult at the same time)
6) A big hockey fan claims he can say the score before any single hockey game starts and he'll be right every single time. So his friend challenges him to do it again before a game. The man says the score, and like always he is completely right. How is able to get the right score before every single game? Or if you prefer, what score does he say the score is?
In the spirit of last weeks number 7, I'll keep it a river crossing question since it seemed that most people had troubles here. This one is a little tougher...
Lucky 7) Down in Africa there was a swiftly moving river (swift enough you can't swim it) There is one little boat that can carry 2 people across the river at a time. 6 men are trying to get across the river but there is a problem. 3 of the men are cannibals and 3 of the men are missionaries, All the men need to get across the river alive. And the tricky part is that there can never be more cannibals then Missionaries on either side of the river because the cannibals will kill the missionaries if they out number them. How are they able to get everyone across the river safely?
Alright enjoy.... I'll post the answers a little later...
ps- Congratulations to the NY Giants on going to the Superbowl! Boo the Patriots for going to the Superbowl. (I like the Chargers)
Posted on: January 18, 2008 2:44 pm
So after the success of my blog from yesterday I felt that today was a good day for some road trip riddles. Most of you have probably heard the majority of these but maybe there's one you haven't... If your wondering why I call them road trip riddles, it's because I learned them all taking road trips.... Post your answers at the bottom, but hit the "add comment" and post before you open the comments that others have posted. In other words, don't cheat! haha
Alright, take a shot at these...
1) A man in Michigan marries 3 different woman all in the same year. All his marriages are perfectly legal. He is not morman, (or else I would of said Utah. haha) , and he's not cheating nor is he leading any secret lifes. There are no divorces, and all of the women are still alive and well. How is this man able to pull this off?
2) A man is in a horrible car accident, after they pull the man from his car, they put him in an ambulence and they take him to the hospital. While he is recovering in his hospital bed, another man comes barreling into the hospital, this man frantically asks the nurses and doctors where the man that was just in a car accident is. After they tell him, he makes his way towards the hospital room, just as he's about to go in a doctor stops him and says "excuse me sir, you can't go in there... Immediate family only" The man looks at the doctor and says.. "well doctor, as for brothers and sisters, I have none... but that mans father was my fathers son! I can go in and see him!" The man then goes into the hospital room and the doctore thinks to himself, "who was that guy!?" So... Who was that guy? (this one works better verbaly)
3) Sadly enough, this one was used in a movie, I knew it first.... So a man has 2 different jugs that hold water. One of the jugs holds EXACTLY 3 gallons of water when filled to the brim. The other holds EXACTLY 5 gallons of water when filled to the brim. The man with the jugs needs to somehow get EXACTLY 4 gallons of water. How can he do this using nothing more then the 2 jugs and a hose to fill them?
4) A man and his son are driving down the road one night when a car blindsides them out of nowhere. The car that hits them slams directly into the drivers side door killing the man on impact. The car spins to a halt, all smashed up and the son is hurt badly but still alive. The ambulence finally comes and they rush him to the hospital. As they burst thru the emergency room doors the ER's head doctor comes running out and looks at the young boy and freezes. The doctor looks up with a pale face and says "I can't operate on this boy! this boy is my son!" How is this possible? (by the way there's no gay references, or step dad scenario's)
5) I don't really like this one, but here it goes... A man comes to a rikity old bridge that has a sign in front of it that says... " VERY IMPORTANT - This Bridge can ONLY hold exactly 110 pounds or less! Even ONE pound over and the bridge will collapse!" The man weighs exactly 100 pounds. He is carrying 3 sacks with him. Each of the 3 sacks weighs exactly 5 pounds each. So he has a total of 115 pounds and can't cross the bridge unless? How can he get across the bridge in JUST ONE trip, without leaving anything behind?
6) How can you throw a ball as absolutly hard has you possibly can, and have it come right back to you? (there's no one to throw it back to you, no walls to bounce it off, & no strings attached to it.)
Lucky 7) This is an old classic - A man has 2 twin daughters, he has to get across a fast moving river with freezing cold water. It has way too much of a current and it's way to cold to swim. The only way across the river that he can see is a small rowboat that will sink if it has more then 100 pounds in it. The man Weighs 100 pounds, each of his twin daughters weighs exactly 50 pounds each. How can he get everyone across the river safely?
Alright Guys... I'll stop in later to see if you guys answered.... If you liked them I'll do more later.... Enjoy!
ps- The Ducks SUCK! and the Wild are going to absolutely destroy them for the 3rd straight time tonight!
Posted on: January 17, 2008 2:28 pm
Well, as promised, the thrilling continuation of "Random facts that you really never need to know". Today we're going to learn why barns are red, and more importantly, how to win money by disproving math... Oh ya, and a little hockey...
Why are barns red?
Here's the answer to a question that no one really asks... So back in the days when America was still trying to establishing itself as a country. The King of England was angry that all these people were heading to America. He wanted to profit from what he felt should be his new land. Well before they started sending Soliders here, he tried more nusenceing measures, like attempting to cut off any supplies that were coming across the atlantic. Of these supplies were included the proper ingredients used to dye white paint different colors. Our young country had the resources to make a crude white paint, but had no successful way to make it any other color. So farmers took meaures into there own hands. They figured out that when they slaughtered their cows and ox that they had a bloody mess on their hands (no Brttish pun intended) The farmers started adding the blood to the white paint mixture. When enough was added, the blood mixed and acted as a dye, keeping the paint a faded blood red. Because of this, the farmers mainly painted their barns and farmhouses red since it was the only color they had, and it didn't get filthy like the white paint... From there, they started adding smashed blue berries and other natural color extracts to attempt making other colors, from the trial and error, it evidently taught us to make every color we wanted...
How to win Money at the bar by disproving math...
First off, this is a little tricky but it's genuis... First you need to wait until your friends get nice and tipsy (it works sober, but it's more fun when they're drunk, oh and they're more likely to wager money) Next, bet your friends that you can ask them a really simple math question that they won't only not be able to answer, but they won't even be able to explain... Here's the question in simple word problem form...
The set-up- 3 guys are driving down an old highway really late one night, when all of a sudden their car starts making a funny sound, the sound gets worse & worse until the engine sputters to a hault. The 3 guys get out of the car and look around, luckily they see a little motel up the way. it's almost 4am and everyone is tired so they decide to get some sleep & get the car fixed in the morning. So they walk to the motel and go inside.
The story- When they get inside they tell the clerk what happened and they ask "how much for the 3 of us to split a room for the night?" the clerk responds " well guys, a room is $30 per night... since there's 3 of you sharing, it'll be $10 per person" So each of the 3 guys pulls out a $10 bill and gives it to the clerk, giving the clerk a total of $30, and they go up to their room. Just after this, the motel owner comes out & asks the clerk "hey, how much did you just charge those guys?" the clerk responds "$30, ten dollars a piece" The owner says, you overcharged them... it was only $25 dollars tonight, here take $5 dollars and go give them their money back" The clerk says ok and takes 5, one dollar bills upstairs. As he's walking he thinks, "how am I going to split $5 among 3 guys? I'll just pocket $2 and tell them the room was cheaper. So he pockets $2 & knocks on the door. He explains what had happened and gives each guy $1 back, says goodnight and walks away.
The problem- So the room was orignally $30 correct? Each guy originally paid $10 a piece correct? Each guy got a $1 refund so after getting one dollar back each. Each guy paid $9 a piece correct? Well 9 + 9 + 9 = 27 (or 9 x 3 = 27) the clerk only put $2 in his pocket right? That only adds up to $29 dollars... Where did the last dollar go?
The next problem - Getting your friends to actually pay you after they sit there dumbfounded for 10 minutes...
* If you work the problem a different way, you can make it work out, but thats not the point, so be sure to say the story accurately. When said correctly It makes the apperance of a dollar completely vanishing. I can explain the phenomanon but I'll see if any of you can first? Tark, our resident genuis, can you field this one?
On to hockey -
The Wild should of won last night, and I hate Jerome Ignilia more then any player in the NHL. But the Wild are all alone in first place so I can't complain. Go Wild!!
Hope you enjoyed todays post...
Tomorrows topic: TBD ( I don't know what kind of mood 'll be in yet)
Posted on: January 16, 2008 2:56 pm
The post i promised is going to have to wait until tomorrow... I'm feeling really sick so I'm going home for today. To be continued tomorrow...
Posted on: January 15, 2008 5:37 pm
Today's Topics -
1) Why are dashboards in cars called dashboards?
Back in the days when people travelled by carriage there was a problem when the horses got up to a "dashing" pace. It the driver & passengers would have dirt & mud flung up at them from the horses feet. So they installed a "dash board" on the front of the carriages to protect you from the dirt mud & debris. As carriages turned into horseless carriages, into cars. The name stuck, and the board in front of the driver is still called a "dashboard"...
Many people associate the term "rednick" with being a hick, or with a person being dumb country folk. Almost everyone assumes that the term has something to do with having sunburnt necks or "farmers tans" this is not true... Most people don't realize where the term came from. After the revelutionary war, when America started growing at a rapid pace, the south started wanted to do thing there own way, when the civil war was still in it's most rudeamentary form, southern or confederate soliders didn't have uniforms yet. So to distinquish themselves as soliders, they would tie a red bandana around the their neck when they would go fight. Much like the "red coats" being a term for British soliders. "red necks" became the early term for a confederate solider. As the south grew more organized and got uniforms, the term faded only to later be a derogatory term for farmers & people that lived on the outskirts of rural communitys.
See, you learn something everyday...
Come back tomorrow to learn about why barns are red, and how to win $50 dollars at the bar by disproving math... Maybe I'll squeeze some hockey in. But right now my teams kick'n ass so i don't have much to complain about...